Words fail me pic

Words fail me pic

Friday, April 1, 2011

About me these days...

Right now, I am spiritually open.  I've never been more hungry for the knowledge of God's words.  I want to know what He REALLY means in the Bible as opposed to what has become normal.  And what is normal, may be what He wants for us...but it may not.  Example:  I used to believe that if I didn't pray before a meal, I may be letting sickness into my body.  Ah jeez, it's embarrassing to even write.  This is nothing I preached about or told my kids, I didn't even realize that's what I was thinking when I did it.   If I forgot, then I would be scared that I was gonna get it!  

I firmly believe this is NOT how God wants us to live.  Being scared of a set of rules He has set before us. That's not what "the fear of God" means.  

Hebrews 12:28-29 says “Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our ’God is a consuming fire.’”   The fear is a reverence and an awe for our creator.  

I won't get into the whole fear thing here, because I think it literally means to fear him too, I just think we have misconstrued the meaning of the word fear.  I digress..

SO, since Proverbs 1:7 says "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge" then I'm coming before Him asking to be schooled.  I was saved 10 years ago and I'm pretty sure I haven't made it past the spiritual toddler stage.  Believe me, any toddler stage has points that are NO fun (see my posts about Asher) but it also has these amazing stages full of wonder and experience and soaking things in like you'll never be able to soak it in again.  I want to do that now before I grow up and never get this chance again.  

I'm open.  I'm learning.  I'm loving.  I'm letting things go.  

You are welcome to join me on this journey via blog (i'm a newbie)  It won't always be about spiritual matters alone, but because Christ is in me, He's in my blog.  

Much love to ya,
C

1 comment:

  1. I like your transparency. Good first post. I'm Mark Edwards wife and saw your blog link on his facebook. I'll be following!

    Sheri Edwards
    http://beyondmywall-markandsheri2brazil.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete