Words fail me pic

Words fail me pic

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Sometimes little victories are actually huge

People used to occasionally ask why I wore cardigans in the burning heat of summer and I would say, "I just don't wear sleeveless, I hate my arms. They're hideous."

But do you know what that did to the person asking?  I could see it. It put a little flicker of doubt in their own heart. I was sowing a seed and who knows how the enemy would water it in the future. 

For some reason, when I shared about hating my body, the other person felt inclined to join in and hate their own body. We ganged up against ourselves. Two against two. I gave that permission and it started to feel wrong. 

It sounds silly, but when I was pregnant with Willow I decided to start wearing tank tops as a spiritual act. It stuck. 

I still don't like my arms BUT wearing sleeveless is almost like a form of worship. Defiance against the whispers of the enemy and obedience to God.  

While wearing sleeveless tops feels radical to me, it probably feels so normal to you it's not worth mentioning. Because our minds are weird. 

Wearing a tank top feels like freedom. That sounds ridiculous, but we all battle these things and sometimes little victories are actually huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment