Words fail me pic

Words fail me pic

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sometimes it's nice to feel hungry

I was thinking about the Rocky Top's cheesesticks coming my way in about 2 hours and wanting to be stoked about them, but I'm full.  I'm still happy they're coming, but it's not the same feeling as if I was starving.  


It's hard to anticipate something when you're already filled up with something else.  

Hunger sounds like something you want to avoid.  You don't want to be hungry, right?  But I was thinking, I don't want to be filled up with food I don't even like (a substitute) when driving to eat sushi!  I wasted all that time, energy, money...er, room...on a whole bag of cheetos when I could have been hungry for a while longer and been able to enjoy what I was anticipating:  SUSHI!

The hunger actually makes the Godzilla Roll worth it.  So, of course I'm going to relate this to God.  Didn't see that coming did ya? (I hope you caught that sarcasm because I was laying it on prettttty thick.)

I don't want to fill up with the world when I'm hungry because it's easier to ingest than God.  

Substitutes that make me feel better for a time make the ultimate prize less sweet.  TO ME.  Of course God could never be sweeter or less sweet than He is right now, He rolls like the littlest bear's porridge.  Yeah that was lame, but it made me giggle.  So, it's ok to feel uncomfortable for a season when you know what is coming.  It makes getting there and so much more worthwhile.

This was rambly TO SAY THE LEAST, but at least it's outta my head haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment