Words fail me pic

Words fail me pic

Friday, January 25, 2013

Good cop, bad cop. Which one is God? Which one is Jesus?

I think somewhere deep down, I've always seen everything through the lens that Jesus came to save us FROM God. Like God was just ready to send us to hell and Jesus stepped between us like a superhero and said "not this one!" And Jesus does do that...he's just not speaking TO God. He's speaking AS God TO the enemy.

I didn't think this logically...actually I didn't even realize it was the way I thought...it's just been underneath all these layers of misinterpretation and assumptions. I didn't realize it until someone else sort of put it into words in a comment on a blog. I think the past two years of learning so much prepared me to deal with it.

Maybe I thought of it like this:
Jesus: good cop
God: bad cop

I know logically this isn't true, but now that I'm aware of these thoughts, I need to work on changing my perspective and capturing my thoughts.

So, this is just a thought I'm putting out there. No digging deeper right now. More thoughts later, I'm still waking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment