Words fail me pic

Words fail me pic

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

It's Not About Me -Max Lucado PART 1

I read a book in less than 24 hours that changed my life, my perspective completely.  It's called It's Not About Me by Max Lucado.  Every part of that book that affected me greatly, I typed out and then didn't know what to do with it.  I've struggled with blogging, and it hit me, I can type parts of it out here, add some commentary and hope it affects you as strongly as it did me.  I don't know how often I'll do it, hopefully every other day or so, but maybe sometimes a few a day.  I literally can't stop thinking about it and may be driving my husband crazy.  Maybe.  Probably.  But I know he doesn't mind.  **I want to remind you here that Max Lucado is not God.  These are his thoughts and while they resonated with me, it's your biz if you believe them or not.  It's up to you to research things that pop into your head while reading this and decide if you agree or not.**

I'll always put Lucado's words in font like this:

la la la la la la


So, here goes...something.


When God looks at the center of the universe, he doesn't look at you. -Lucado


Wow, that was the first thing that rocked my world.  I read it in the bathtub and had to put the book down and just breathe for a minute.  It's crazy.  I always assumed God made me, so that He could sit in awe as I lived.  As each of us lived.   I had it in my head that we all individually were the center of his universe. 


We aren't.


God does not exist to make a big deal out of us. We exist to make a big deal out of Him.  It's not about you.  It's not about me.  It's about Him.  -Lucado 


It's about the glory of our loving God.  DOWN, EGO, DOWN!  So, how do we act, what do we do?  WHAT IS THE POINT OF IT ALL???????  More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment