Words fail me pic

Words fail me pic

Thursday, June 16, 2011

It's Not About Me-Max Lucado Part 2

Go to part 1 for the full story on this many part blog :)

Our comfort is not God’s priority. If it is, then something’s gone awry. If God exists to please us, then shouldn’t we always be pleased? -Lucado

Hmmmmmm.  I don't like the sound of this.  BUT, I get it because I'm a mom.  Zoe's safety and overall well being trumps her comfort.  I don't like it, because I'd like for her to have both, but that's not always possible.  I can imagine that is how God thinks about it.  He can see our beginning and He can see our end, so he knows all those parts in the middle that may not feel so good, or may feel completely devastating are for our greater good.  That's why we *should* praise Him anyway, no matter what we are going through.  I put the little stars around should because, I'm not saying it's easy or may even feel possible, but it's the right thing.  After all, WHO ARE WE to praise and glorify Him for the good, then leave Him out of the bad?  I wouldn't want Zoe to do that...


SO.  If we are here on this earth, but we aren't the center of the universe and our comfort is NOT a main priority, then WHY ARE WE HERE?


What does the moon do? She generates no light. Apart from the sun, the moon is nothing more than a pitch black, pockmarked rock. But properly positioned, the moon beams. Let her do what she was made to, and a clod of dirt becomes a source of inspiration, yea, verily, romance. The moon reflects the greater light. And she’s happy to do so! You never hear the moon complaining. She makes no waves about making waves. The moon is at peace in her place. And because she is, soft light touches a dark earth. -Lucado

And what if “our place” is working in an office or staying at home to take care of the kids and the house when we’d rather be working? If “your place” isn’t where you hoped it would be, then I would suggest STOPPING and thinking “hmmm, maybe God knows better?” OF COURSE HE DOES, so while you find out WHY He wants you where He does, bask in the happiness of knowing you trust Him and that He’s never let you down and never will. He knows best, so shouldn’t that take the pressure off? That alone makes ME happy! It’s not about me finding out what is the best direction in my life, it’s just listening and following. I can do that!  Which is good news because in this life, it feels like I can't control a lot and can't figure a lot of things out but God is telling me that I don't have to!  I don't have to have it all together, I just need to reflect Him, listen to His voice and ....follow. 



 
WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF WE ACCEPTED OUR PLACE AS SON REFLECTORS? -Lucado

If I can get child like for a minute, it makes me think that we are moon beams!  Is that child like or hippie like?  Either way, I like the idea!  I may name my next child that.  Wait a minute, I'm even having another child...

What would happen if we quit worrying about what we look like, what time our kids go to bed so we can have “me time”, or what we can do to lose weight or what our friends are doing or what would happen if we lose our jobs or what people think of us. WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF WE JUST LET ALL OF THAT GO AND LIVED TO RELFECT HIM TO OTHERS?  I have a feeling that all of our senses would be elevated and we would feel that purpose we are always trying to find.  And I have to say "I have a feeling" because I really haven't been doing it, so I have no idea.  I worry too much about silly things that not only don't matter spiritually but don't even matter in day to day life.  I AM A WORRIER, I get anxious about the silliest things.  I can't make decisions, I'm a mess sometimes. What if I let all that go and began my purpose?

"Beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, [we] are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord."  2 Corinthians 3:18

Beholding the glory of God.  It.  Changes.  Us.  And I don't know about you, but I really need a change in my life right now.  It's good.  It's an amazing life really, but I can sense that I'm not doing what I've been sent to do and it's an uneasy feeling.  I want to feel content in my purpose, even if things are falling down around me or even if things have never looked better.  Because it's just not about "things."  It's about God and reflecting him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment