Words fail me pic

Words fail me pic

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

IF and YET

 IF and YET


I'm convinced that the whole reason I had a short season working was so God could get me to sit down and shut up long enough to hear from Him.  I spent hours listening to Celebration Church, Missio Dei and Southland Christian Church podcasts while I typed away at work.  I took pages of notes and now I want to share something really cool inspired by Mike Breaux from Southland. 

Jesus prayed to His father, in Matthew 26


“My Father, IF it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. 
YET not as I will, but as you will.”


IF there is any other way
YET Your will be done

The IF says "I know another way (my way) is possible"  The YET says "but I trust your love/perspective/plan/view from above/your ways that are higher/your wisdom that is better/your love that runs deeper."  My personal prayer would sound like this:


Abba, look at this!  See all of these other ways for this to be accomplished?????  This, this and that and over there and back here????  Do you see them?  I would love to do it that way.  

But

I'm willing to do it whatever way you tell me to because I trust your perspective.  I want what is best for the kingdom.  I want to glorify you.  



This (whatever I want or seek) is what I want to see happen
Yet...not MY will, but YOURS


The YET brings freedom and peace. The YET is true surrender.  The YET lets you lay down your independence and deeply rely on Him


Today, as you go on your way, I pray that you have this attitude with God.  The times when we can SEE the whys and hows are amazing.  But let God work in the times when it's not easy.  Trust His Spirit.  Give him lots of YETS. I think Jesus is showing us that God wants conversation with us, but we need that attitude of surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment