Words fail me pic

Words fail me pic

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The joy of [INSERT ANYTHING] is not my strength.

The joy of financial security is my strength. 


The joy of having well-behaved children is my strength. 


The joy of feeling accepted by others is my strength. 


The joy of my weight loss is my strength. 


The joy of owning my own home is my strength. 


The joy of being right is my strength. 


The joy of figuring it out is my strength. 


The joy of good health is my strength. 


The joy of a perfect marriage is my strength. 


The joy of [INSERT ANYTHING] is my strength. 


NO. 


All of those things are temporal. They can all be snatched away from you in a split second. Then what? 


The joy of The Lord is my strength. HIS JOY. 

MY STRENGTH. 


His joy is perfect and He offers it to us. It never changes, even as our circumstances do. How amazing is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment