Words fail me pic

Words fail me pic

Thursday, May 17, 2012

STOP

"When I tell you to stop, STOP!  Don't just go slower..."

I said this to Asher this morning.  He was pushing a bucket through the house and it was screeching along the floor and he was sure to trip over it.  So instead of stopping, he just started shuffling his feet and going slower while looking at me sideways.  

It reminded me that I do this with my Heavenly Father.  He prompts me to stop or turn around and instead I just slow down while saying "now?  now? now?  Stop now?  When?  Now?  Now?  Now?"  Ok, that was annoying typing it, I can't imagine how it is to hear it.  Oh wait!  I can!  I have sweet little Ash to remind me.   


Proverbs 4:10 – 12, 18, 26 - 27 
“Hear my son, and receive my sayings, and the years of your life will be many. I have taught you in the way of wisdom; I have led you in right paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hindered, and when you run, you will not stumble… But the path of the just is like the shining sun, that shines ever brighter unto the perfect day. Ponder the path of your feet, and let all your ways be established. Do not turn to the right or the left; Remove your foot from evil.”


When I listen to Him, "the years of my life will be many."  That is plenty enough reason to listen, right? "The path of the just is like the shining sun."  That's beautiful!  I want that to be my path, so if I'm not on the right one or veering off course, He may tell me to stop; let Him get control of me; listen.  Oh, but that's so hard sometimes.  I'm so comfortable shuffling along because even if I'm going the wrong way, at least I'm not going too fast...





I just slow down because a little movement comforts me.  Going the way I've always gone makes me feel better.  Stopping to consider His voice which may tell me everything I've ever known is slightly off course is so scary. 

But He's with us.  Wherever we go.  If He tells us to stop, He's not going to keep going.  



So, does that mean if I'm off course, He's with me?  YES!  He may be shouting or whispering at me to STOP.  He may be tugging on my arm or stepping in front of me so I'll STOP, but He's with me. In Deuteronomy 31:6 it says "for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you or forsake you."  Forsake means "to quit or leave entirely; abandon; desert." Insert your name before the following statements.

Courtney, I won't quit you. Love, your Father
Courtney, I won't leave you. Love, your Father 
Courtney, I won't abandon you.  Love, your Father
Courtney, I won't desert you.  Love, your Father


He won't because He said He won't and His word never changes.  


Malachi 3:6  “I the Lord do not change.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Psalm 119:89 Your word, O Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens.  

No comments:

Post a Comment