Words fail me pic

Words fail me pic

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Consistency in love

I have this feeling that people would, even if they disagree with you, MUCH rather have your consistent truth than to never quite know where you stand.  Inconsistency often comes from a good place.  You're trying to make everyone happy and trying to make them feel like you aren't pressuring them or puking your beliefs upon them.  But, you can be consistent without being aggressive.

Ex: When I really have a problem, I'm going to seek out a person who will tell me the truth in love rather than someone who will tell me what I want to hear (or as my friend Christi Stevens put it, I want them to be a sounding board, not an echo board.)  I only know this by a period of watching a person being consistent.  That sort of got off course of my original intent of this blog.  This should sum it up:

Pastor Steve said something along the lines of don't push Jesus down anyone's throat.  They have a gag reflex and will just puke him right back up."  

That always stuck with me.  While it was my general belief before, that thought stops me from making stupid statements.

Father, forgive me for anything I've said outside of the boundary of Your Love.  It's never been my intent, but after a decade of knowing You, I'm sure I've spoken Your word in pride, or to prove a point forgetting FROM WHOM the point originated and TO WHOM the point was made.   I pray people can see my intent rather than my actions sometimes, but I don't want that to be enough.  In order for this love to be a verb, I must constantly try.  Smiles aren't enough.  

***
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. Hebrews 13:8


Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.  From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.  Ephesians 4:15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment