Words fail me pic

Words fail me pic

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sing it!!!

I was listening to a song called Sing It by Josh Wilson (video at bottom of page) and several thoughts came to mind.  If God places a song in our hearts, it's because he wants to hear us sing it.  (so #1 is to glorify him)  Confidently,  whole heartedly, maybe even running with your arms wide open!  How free does THAT sound?

Take what he has given you and belt it out!  He doesn't want it to remain dormant.  And it's not for you anyway (#2 it's for building up others). Others need to hear your song, so quit being prideful-even when that looks like scared-and SING IT!  When we allow others' songs to build us up, we see how important our music is for the kingdom of God.  So, don't stop.  Don't stop singing, but don't stop meeting.  We need you!  

Here are some scriptures references about how/why it's important to all meet together and bring our gifts (songs) to build one another up. 


1 Peter 4:10-11
As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies—in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Romans 12:4-5
For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.

Romans 14:19
So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Ephesians 4:14-16
 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.

Psalm 133:1
Behold, how good and pleasant it is
    when brothers dwell in unity!


Josh Wilson Sing It

2 comments:

  1. Hi Courtney,
    I found you poem in my P31 magazine. I used it in my blog post today.
    http://gis-butterfly.blogspot.com/
    Thank yuo for putting in to word the thoughts of my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I"m sorry I forgot to respond :) I was so excited when I saw this message because I had forgotten which month they said the poem would be in there and then I saw this and I screamed hahahahaha

      Delete