Words fail me pic

Words fail me pic

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Please, please hear me

Today, I was listening to an amazing podcast of a church service that I missed on 8/5/12.  Please, please look up this podcast.  There are two parts (DON'T miss the 2nd part).  If you're in iTunes, search "Celebrate Something Real" and maybe add Huntington, WV.  The title is Grace Vol. 10 and it was posted on 9/14

What spoke to me the most in this message was toward the end.  Pastor Steve said (I'm paraphrasing a little):

God is not winking at our sins.  God isn't looking over your sin.  God is looking through Jesus to your sin and saying 'there is an answer, you don't have to be a slave to that.'  The grace of God will set you free.  

I don't even know where else to go in this blog except to plead with you to listen to this whole message.  A part in the beginning that I loved was when he said (again paraphrasing a little): 

The reason why we can't see how unsearchably rich God is, is because we're drunk.  Not on alcohol, but on the world (even good things that are just distractions).  The Word of God says to stay sober.  

There's nothing I can do to get the point across of this whole message and how it fits together for you, from God, I just want you to hear it!  I've never felt this desperate to get  a message of love and grace to the world like this!  

Even if you think you'll hate it, just go check it out.

Much love,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment