Words fail me pic

Words fail me pic

Saturday, March 8, 2014

40 days of poetry - Day 4

As a child, my soul was free
Its name was imagination
Its name was creativity

So fresh from God
The world wasn’t broken
Colors were brighter, voices happier

My soul danced free within me

As I grew, the world pushed its way onto me
Into me
I built strong walls around my soul
But the dancing never ceased
It was only hindered

Life began enforcing rules and
I began to forget I ever had a Maker
A Creator; An Author

My soul remembered Him

Remembering freedom,
It (my soul)
Pounded on the walls of the cell
Danced anyway
Used its dancing feet to
Make cracks in the floor

The sound of the pounding
The sound of the groaning and straining
Sent little reminders to me from where I came

I’m thankful for the lack of comfort for my soul

Because of it, when the time came
That I heard the sweet voice of my God
All of those reminders were close
I could surrender to something familiar
And give Him permission to
Break the box wide open and let
My soul dance again within me
To the beat of His heart

Suddenly, I felt my thoughts, feelings,
Desires, yearnings, imagination
Align with my soul
All feeling the warmth of the Son

All focused in the same direction
My soul has always known the way
Has always remembered its source
And it never let me forget

No comments:

Post a Comment