Words fail me pic

Words fail me pic

Monday, March 10, 2014

40 days of poetry - Day 6

This one has two versions and I never could decide between the two, so here are both.  Ok wait. I like the 2nd one better, but they're so different I can't count one out...




Rhythm to the Rain

There's a rhythm to Your rain
That soothes my tired soul
One that man cannot maintain
And man cannot control

I let myself get lost
The drops beat like a heart
In the water, I feel tossed
But I'll never be apart
From you

From the one who makes the rain fall down 
And the one who quenches thirst
The one who watches me run into danger unrehearsed
The one who comes to save me
When will it be enough?
For me to trust you fully and 
And you to call my bluff


------------------------

The Rhythm of the Rain

You're like the rhythm of the rain
Your love pours upon us
Whatever we need for the day
That's what you provide
Your water reaches where we hide

Not always the same
But do the flowers complain?
Sometimes soothing; sometimes violent
Either way the thirst is quenched
I'll drown everyday
I'll ride within the wave of

The rhythm of Your rain

No comments:

Post a Comment