Words fail me pic

Words fail me pic

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

40 days of poetry - Day 7



When I feel the day closing in on me
And I can think of nothing else but past days that have done the same
I remember whether I recognized it or not
Recognized YOU or not
You are there.

You are here
Singing to me
Caring for me while not caring that
I don't care for you
Loving me through it all while seeing
I don't love you
Or acknowledge You
You lift me up to show the angels
Before you place me in a womb
And I
That child
Do not acknowledge your existence.

UNTIL NOW

UNTIL someone loved me enough, without knowing me
To show me Your love and teach me of Your grace.
They dip me in the river of Your overwhelming love
They wash MY feet in the water of YOUR Word
They teach me that being a servant is being free
And being free is home
And now I know why I've been a sick patient yearning to go home
Even though I can't remember where that is
An amnesiac with the blues
It's then that I remember:

You

That's my Father
That's my story
He's my song!
Sweet salvation
Even sweeter because I never realized I was the one who needed to be saved.
Needed strong arms to rip me from a current of addictive behavior, power struggles and sadness
Into a river composed of life and love and release.
I drink deep
I laugh under Your water
I dance under Your waves
Again and again I drink you in so I'll have enough of a never ending supply
To share with the world.

Father, help me remember, it will NEVER be enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment