Words fail me pic

Words fail me pic

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cloud covering



I was driving home this morning from taking Zoe to school and a thought occurred to me.  On the way, I was thinking how wild it was that some mornings the sun can be so bright and others the clouds seem to completely cover it at the same time of the year.  As I was turning into my road, I noticed the sun was as bright as ever.  The clouds had parted and there was the sun.

To me, the clouds were like thoughts and the sun is God.  Our thoughts can completely block him out.  One thought (cloud) after another just covering and covering until you can't see the shape of the sun anymore.  There is still light all around, there is still evidence of the light, it's still daytime, but the source is covered up.

So, how do we combat this?  We can immediately turn our thoughts toward God .




Isaiah 26:3



You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.






Then, put new thoughts in your brain:

Philippians 4:8 


Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.


















Why are our thoughts so important?  They just stay in your brain, right?  They aren't hurting anyone...











Matthew 12:34










" for out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks."















Our thoughts come straight from our heart.  It's not bad if we have a negative thought, but we need to immediately take that thought captive.  














2 Cor 10:5






"We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and      take every thought captive to obey Christ"



(btw, at this point, I CANNOT get this blog in the format I want, everything is going wrong and I'm being tested already! I'm leaving this little blue box and different font.  You guys don't care right?  It's messy...like life haha)



Here is how it looks like for me:

Thought:  I am going to go straight to the website designer where I got these scriptures and punch him/her in the throat because it's so hard to copy and paste from that site.  I don't care how much money it takes to fly there,  I don't care if my kids miss me while I find him/her, I don't care if the po po get involved.  I. WILL. FIND. THAT. PERSON.  

Courtney: (deep breath) I am thankful the Word of God is so easily accessible to me at all times.  I have many bibles in my home, an amazing bible app on my phone, and tons of websites that hold the Word of God.  IT'S. SO. EASY.  

Thought: Yeah...but still...stupid website...

Courtney: THE JOY OF THE LORD IS MY STRENGTH, the format of this blog doesn't even matter!!!!   I'M GOING TO HEAVEN!   I'm choosing to be happy!


Sometimes, it goes exactly like that. Actually, the more I have that type of interaction with myself, the easier it gets, but I have my days where I really suck and those thoughts end up becoming my attitude for the whole day.  All because of one 20 minute span where I had a hard time getting my blog in order.  MY WHOLE DAY.  RUINED.  Because of THAT?  Geez, it sounds silly but when you start letting that happen more and more, it's like an avalanche.  And it won't just ruin your whole day, it'll ruin whole spans of time, maybe whole days...months...years...your life?  DON'T BECOME THAT PERSON, stop the cycle now.


I'm really hoping some of this reached someone because I felt it so strong within me and I'm praying you can overlook not only the format, but the fact that this isn't my most well written blog. I'm fighting with myself not to write really big:

AFTER THIS, GO READ MY LAST FEW BLOGS...I

REALLY FELT I 'GOT IT' WITH THOSE!!!!  GO!!!  

(see what I did there?  I said it while pretending not to...oh yeah...not much pretending haha)

In closing, PART THE CLOUDS AND LET THE SUN SHINE IN!  When a negative thought or a thought that doesn't align with God's Word comes into your head, get rid of it and replace it with something true.  The Word!  Or at least a positive thought.  

Is there anything more beautiful than when the clouds start to part and sun starts streaming in through them?  Like it's bursting forth and has just been WAITING impatiently for a chance to let its sunbeams reach the earth.  




Much love,
C


No comments:

Post a Comment