Words fail me pic

Words fail me pic

Saturday, April 14, 2012

This path is the right one, but what the heck are these rocks doing here???

I was struggling and I called Jen (my friend, Pastor's wife, mentor, comedian, part time rapper ...she has many titles in my life haha).  Here is a paraphrase of what she told me regarding this struggle and it really spoke to me:

When you know you're on the right path, it doesn't mean you won't see rough areas of town and beautiful scenery all on that right path.  You'll have long stretches of driving with the windows down, feeling carefree and stretches of construction and loudness and dirt and grime and the a/c broken.  None of that makes the path any less "right"  Stay on the path that you know is right, finish the race, get to your destination.  Don't look around, keep your eyes ahead of you.


I don't have a lot to say about it because it was pretty spot on.  I think it may help someone else, too.  So many times I think that if I'm on the right path, it should be easy, but then I stumble over a rock and scrape up my hands.  That rock doesn't mean I'm going the wrong way, it could serve as any type of thing:  a reminder, a wake up call, an attack, etc...  I should be thankful for it but to be honest, I'm usually not thankful until I get to my destination, look back and see its purpose.

Have a great day, I hope this speaks to you today :)

Much love,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment