Words fail me pic

Words fail me pic

Monday, April 23, 2012

Today I was getting ready and wearing an outfit I'd worn last week.  Last week, I felt really confident, but today I felt frumpy and frazzled.

Do you ever wear an outfit one day and feel really amazing and then wear it the next week and suddenly it looks awful?  It's the same outfit right?  The same you?

This morning, feeling this way taught me that we can't trust our human emotions and feelings.  There are too many variables to take into account, so thank GOD we have the unchanging Truth right in the palm of our hands!  His Word tells us we lack nothing and that we are complete.  We already have everything we ever need, as long as we're in Him.   I can walk confidently out into the world, head held high reminding myself WHO I AM.  I am a child of the King!  I am loved more than I can imagine.  I will enter the gates of Heaven one day!  What is better than that?  WHO CARES ABOUT MY SHIRT, I'm flying away one day!

I'll be honest, some days it's easier to convince myself than others.  But some days, I feel down and then those reminders completely lift me up and the glory I'm able to give Him is so genuine and filled with love. Guess what happens then? I feel better.  I'm also lifted up.  I am skipping through the streets.  It's like I'm rubber and you're glue but in the best way ever.  God's rubber and when I glorify Him, a burst of love and confidence sticks to me all day long.  Sigh, I just love Him.

I'm not saying it's not normal to feel that way, we just have to look at the list that Aimee gave us and REMEMBER who we are.

Another good list is this one from Joyce Meyer's site:  http://www.joycemeyer.org/articles/ea.aspx?article=knowing_who_i_am_in_christ



Much love,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment